Luis Lionel Andres Messi, or more famously known as Lionel Messi is one of the famous soccer player in the world. He was born on June 24, 1987 in Rosario, Argentina. He started to play soccer with his two older brothers and their friends. With his amazing soccer skills, he was recruited to join the youth system of Newell’s Old Boys at the age of 8.
Messi was recognizably smaller than most of the kids in his age group. He was eventually diagnosed by doctors suffering from a hormone deficiency that restricted his growth. His parents, Jorge and Celia, decided to cure this with growth-hormone injections. However, it became difficult to maintain his medication because it was expensive. At the age of 13, Messi was offered a contract by FC Barcelona to train in their academy, La Masia, and have his medical bills covered by the team. Their family accepted the offer and move in Spain.
Through the junior system rank, Messi was able to move quickly. At the age of 16, he made his first appearance in Barcelona. Moreover, he was the youngest player to ever score a goal for the franchise on May 1, 2005. The same year he led Argentina to the title in the under-20 World Cup, where he scored on a pair of penalty kicks to propel the team over Nigeria. One of the most notable successes of Messi was in 2009 when he steered Barcelona to capture the Champions League, La Liga, and Spanish Super Cup titles. That same year, he took home his first FIFA ‘World Player of the Year’ honor or Ballon d’Or award. In the year 2012, Messi embarked an all-out assault on the record books. He became the first player to score five goals in a Champions League match. And then he surpassed Cesar Rodriguez’s club-record 232 goals to become Barcelona’s all-time leading scorer. By the end of 2012, he had accumulated an astounding 91 goals in club and international play, breaking the 85 netted in a single calendar year by Gerd Muller in 1972. Messi broke again one more record when he was named the FIFA Ballon d’Or winner for the fourth time in January 2013.
Messi is very popular that he became the commercial face of soccer with endorsements from Adidas, Pepsi, EA Sports, and Turkish Airways among other companies. In addition, he signed an extension with Barcelona that guarantees him a base salary of approximately $21 million per year through 2018. He is one of the world’s highest paid athletes. Despite his fame, Messi help out others in need. In 2007, he formed the Leo Messi Foundation to provide opportunities for disadvantaged youths. In 2010, UNICEF named him a goodwill ambassador that focuses on fighting for children’s right across the globe.
European soccer also known as football or futbol is a team sport played between two opposing teams. Other facts about European soccer are:
- Each team is composed of 11 members and a spherical ball is used to play the game.
- Played by almost 250 million players all over the world, football is considered to be the most popular game on the planet.
- Football is played on a rectangular field with two goals at both ends.
- The game’s objective is for a player to make a score using all his body parts except for the arms and hands to get the ball into the rival team’s goal.
- The only players who are allowed to touch the ball using their arms and hands while in play are the Goalkeeper’s, but only in their respective penalty area.
- Outfield players who usually use their feet to strike or pass the ball to other team members are also allowed to pass or strike the ball with the use of their head or torso.
- The team that makes the most number of goals at the end of the match wins the game.
- In the event that the game is tied at the end game, a draw is declared or the game goes into overtime or a penalty shootout will be made depending on the competition’s format.
- The Laws of the Game were codified by the Football Association in England in 1863. Association Football is being supervised and regulated internationally by the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA) football highest governing body who organizes the World Cup every four years.
There are several football associations all over the world. One of which is the Football Association, commonly known as the FA. It is the governing body of all the football associations in England. Established in October 26, 1863, it is known to be oldest football association in the world; its prime responsibilities are to oversee all aspects related to amateur and professional games in England. As the governing body of football in England, the FA approves all the football matches at the national level and in collaboration with the Country Association Football in the local levels. The FA also runs numerous competitions, which includes the famous FA cup. Other responsibilities of the FA include appointing of the management for the men’s, women’s and youth national football teams. Both members of the EUFA and FIFA, the FA enjoys a permanent seat in the International Football Association Board (IFAB) which holds responsible for the laws of the game. The FA holds its office at Wembley stadium in London. Some of the teams were sponsored by big companies like BMW. They sponsor Bundesliga club Eintracht Frankfurt and gave BMW car.
Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the most famous soccer players in the world. He was born on February 5, 1985, in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, a small island off the western coast of the country. He is the youngest of four children born to Maria Dolores dos Santos and Jose Dinis Aveiro.
Ronaldo was first introduced to the game of soccer when he was 10 years old. His father worked as an equipment manager at a boy’s club. He loved the sports so much that he even skipped meals or escape out of their house when he was supposed to do school works. In his early teens, his talent and legend had grown considerably. His first team was with Nacional da Iiha da Madeira, a local team. But the Sporting Portugal noticed his potential and decided to sign him up for their team back in 2001. In his league debut in 2002, he scored two goals and Sporting Portugal won against Moreirense. When Sporting Portugal beat Manchester United with Ronaldo’s mesmerizing performance, even his opponents was amazed with his footwork and deft skill. He made a great impression to United players and asked their manager to sign him up to their team. In 2003, he made a record fee for a player of his age when Manchester United paid him £12 million to sign him to the team.
During his stay in Manchester United, he was able to prove his worth to them. Especially when he scored the team’s first three goals in the 2004 FA Cup final and helped them attain the championship. He was also awarded with FIFPro Special Young Player of the Year. In 2008, after his five-year contract, he was able to acquire another one worth £31 million. In return for this, he did not disappoint the team and his fans; he set a franchise record for goals scored that is 42. It earned him with the FIFA World of the Year honor. He helped Manchester United to have three premier league titles during his stay. In 2009, the biggest news with the sports of soccer has been released. The Real Madrid team agreed to pay Manchester United to sign up Cristiano Ronaldo with them for $131 million dollars.
During the course of Ronaldo’s career in soccer, in addition to his FIFA World Player of the year award, he also won the coveted Ballon d’OR and the Golden Boot. He was also been named the UEFA Club Forward of the Year.
Soccer is a great sport and everyone can learn how to play. But if you are serious with soccer and wants to become an advance player, then you need to start early and work hard. You will need to work on your basic skills first and master it. In addition, you have to stay fit and healthy in order to play and be able to give your best performance in every game. Most importantly, your passion for the sports of soccer will give you enthusiasm to work harder and learn more.
improve your soccer skills
Wanted to join the soccer team in your school or wanted to impress your coach? Below are some tips that will help you improve your soccer skills.
- Remember that soccer is a team sport.
This is the most important thing that you should keep in mind. No matter how great your skills are, your team will not win if there is no cooperation among team members. Never play for your own credit, but for the whole team’s sake.
- Try to move the ball more.
Soccer is a game of endurance. You have to do some strategy in order to conserve your energy. Staying fit is also important so that you won’t get tired within the first 10 minutes of the game. You better move the ball around rather than yourself. Save your energy for when you really need to run.
Anticipate how you will defend or attack during the game. Know what you will do in case the ball comes in your way. Check if your teammates are near you and make a signal if you need help from them. In terms of defending, anticipate your opponent’s move in order to stop his play. Remember that velocity is important.
You can also turn your passion in soccer into a business. Since there are several fans of this sport, you can definitely use this as an advantage. You can open an online business that sells soccer merchandise. There are online marketing tools that can help you manage your business. If you are not sure what tools can suit your needs, you will find different alternatives on 1minutereview.org.
Joining a team or organization can be very intimidating, especially if you are a shy person. Not all people are comfortable with sharing their talents and skills in front of an audience. Sometimes they are not confident that they are good enough to be able to pass the auditions or trials. Or they think that their experience is not adequate. The sad part is that, some of them give up even though they haven’t tried yet.
It is normal to have this kind of feeling, but you should not let it be a hindrance to do what you really wanted. Instead of thinking negative things, let yourself visualize positive outcomes that will happen if you believe in yourself.
Here are some helpful tips that will encourage you to try and join the soccer team:
• Ask the soccer team’s coach and inquire about their tryouts. Don’t be shy because there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking and wanting to join their team. Some teams really need new members.
• If you feel that your skill is still inadequate, remember that all famous soccer players were not always that great. Their skills were the product of years of training and many experience of playing in the field.
• If you lack experience, now is the best time to start playing. It is never too late to join and play soccer. No matter how old you are, even if you are already in high school, college or wanted to join a local soccer team in your place, you should still go for their tryouts.
• Be positive. Remember that soccer is a game played by several players and it is important to be able to connect with them. Even if you are a shy person, soccer will definitely be able to help you open up with other members because it is your common interests.
I hope that this article will help other people have the courage and do what they really want. And the most important thing is, for the person to enjoy playing socc
If it is your first time to play soccer with a large audience, do not worry. All players have passed this kind of event in their lives. But if you are still nervous about it, there are simple ways to help you relax before your big day:
preparing for your big game
• Visualization can help you plan for your game play. Do this so you can plan well and try to visualize your common mistakes and device a plan how to avoid it.
• Sleeping is an important factor. You should be able to rest well before the game. Seven to nine hours of sleep is ideal in having a complete rest.
• Food is also an important thing to consider because it provides you the energy that you needed. Since soccer is an endurance sport, carbohydrates will help you run longer during the game. Avoid eating fatty and fried foods.
• Stretching should also be part of your routine before the game because this will help your muscles to relax.
• You can also seek help from your coach. Ask some advice about your common mistakes and how to avoid it. And also, talking to your coach can boost your self-confidence with your performance.
• Having a specific routine before the game can help put you in the zone. It also helps you avoid being affected by outside distractions.
Blogging can also help release some tension that you are feeling. It can be your outlet and at the same time, you will be able to share your own experience with playing soccer. There might be someone out there too shy to try out in their school soccer team. Or you can persuade other people, who has a sedentary lifestyle, to try soccer. There are so many things that you can share, and so many people that you can inspire through your blog. If you want to gather a large audience and boost your blog page, you can simply buy traffic.
Having a big soccer game ahead of you is always likely to take a toll on most players. They will be under the pressure to perform their best. As much as the players might be under such immense pressure, the coach is supposed to be there for the players and take off the burden by giving the players motivation. The players have to be sound mentally and physically in order to deal with all the stresses that come with the game. Preparation is always the key to winning any game. As the coach, you need to prepare the team to meet the other team. It is time to study your opponent. Let your team know about the weak points of the enemy before the game. This part is called the visualization of the game. Every player is key to ensuring the victory of the team. They all have to work together in order to defeat the enemy.
preparing for a big soccer game
The players are advised to eat healthy during any period of the season. The players need to have the stamina and ability to play a good game. This is possible through having a good diet. The players can seek the help of a nutritionist in order to help them plan a meal plan for them. With such a meal plan, it is easy for the players to stick a healthy diet without compromising their fitness. Of course, there is the idea of working out in order to stay in shape. Eating healthy is not the only way to keep fit. Waking up for a morning jog is great to ensure that you get to stay fresh during the day. Do not let the pressure of the game make you feel like losing your mind. It is important to get enough rest during the night. Enough rest gives the body enough time to recover from all the training during the day.
The best part of being a player is that you are accessible to the playing ground at any time. If there is a time you have to practice your skills as a player, it is before the match. There are those skills, maybe you see other players do or some you always want to do. Practice on your game before the actual soccer game. The coach is always close to his players before such an important game. Always follow the advice of the coach as he has been watching you for a long time and knows where best you can excel. Do not worry so much about the opponent’s skills as you too have skills they do not.
During the day of the match, it is time to show your game face. Arrive on time to the game location in order to warm up. You do not overdo the warm up until you drain all your energy. Be relaxed before the game can start. Having too much pressure might make you lose focus on the game. You all have your objectives to accomplish in mind; it is time to fulfill the objectives. Work closely with your team members in order to achieve your goals.